Monday, October 26, 2009

The third

My bro the engineer is one of the people I most admire. Don’t get me wrong, I will also talk about my other great siblings, and I admire them too, but for now, let me talk about my bro. again let me say he is a great engineer, very quite, opinionated, often moody, artistic, constantly a realist. That’s how I perceived him when I was younger.

When we grew up, he change just a bit, still a realist, still moody, opinionate – even more so, artistic - I don’t know about that no more, and he is not quite anymore, maybe because he met my sister-in-law, let me just say he bloomed under her ministration.

Like my other siblings, he was blessed with a great mind, I often said to myself that he can calculate faster than superman, but I guess, he should be being an engineer and superman was known to be faster than a speeding bullet not great in numbers, in fact he was just a journalist. He was great in numbers, he tried to teach me, but I guess he wasn’t a teacher of a wandering mind; he couldn’t impart his greatness to me back in high school. When he took his board, there was no surprise that he placed very high, at that time when everyone was congratulating him, I was wondering to myself, duh! Didn’t anyone but me expected him to place. Then I realized, he questioned himself back then. And looking back, he often question himself, a lot, maybe this is the pitfall of an intelligent man, I wouldn’t know, I am good at school but not like the caliber of my siblings.

And of all my siblings, I talk to him the least. Maybe because, when we were growing up, I made his life more miserable being connected to me. I could understand his misery of being a big brother to me especially. I just wished he understood why I was such in that state. I never asked him if he really understood, even in the present tense. But having his kind of mind, I think he had came to a conclusion, I don’t know if it’s a good conclusion or not, but whatever it is, I hope he’ll love me as much as I do him, anyway who wouldn’t love a misguided relative, a younger sister at that.

For now, my greatest worry of him is his health, as I’ve said, of all of my siblings; I talk to him the least. We sometimes talk, awkwardly, but at least talk, its hard to outright ask him about his health, especially when we almost know nothing about each other now. At least, I could outright ask God to keep him healthy.

Keep safe bro!

No comments:

Post a Comment