Thursday, October 29, 2009

Touching base

I recently reconnected with people I know in my past. The memories I have with most of these people are good. I’ve seen them all grown up now, with families and careers. I also see them living all over the world that makes me proud to know them. Their dreams when we were smaller had evolved and so had they.

As for some of them, my last memory of them are hurtful, and guess what, I am the one doing the hurting way back then. In spite of this past, to my huge relief, they have gracefully forgiven me for my transgressions, which made them saints to my eyes. So just a few days ago, I decided to touch base and find all former friends and ask for them to exonerate me. Again, lo and behold, almost all of them did.

To the ones who haven’t yet, I will be looking forward when they do decide to be merciful, but for now I am content that I was able to ask them. I’m really lucky to have found these frenemies and have been able to apologize. At least now, I could sleep a little bit better than before. Not that I wasn’t sleeping better before, just more betterer now! Hahaha!

now if only asking for forgiveness is that easy with loved ones, just how to go about it, hmmm, scary, can't convey what i really want to say. time to think really hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment