Friday, October 16, 2009

musing to myself about first names

Having a child is God’s special gift to any parent. You hold in your hands a great deal of power to mold a young being into adulthood, to show a budding mind to wondrous possibilities. And most importantly, to name the child as you see fit, I think that’s the greatest high a parent can have. But lots of parents I realized had something else in mind when they name their young ones. I for one would admit to name my kids so uniquely that I literally misspell their original forms of their names. For instance, instead of using the letter “C”, I use “K”, as an example: Karla instead of Carla.

But nowadays, when my kids introduce me to their new friends, I sometimes do a double take. Their names are getting extreme, I don’t know to the rest of the world if this is not extreme, but here out in the province, it’s a little bit perplexing. I’ve met a Data, a Leader, a Galaxy and Khawla to name a few. I don’t know what and why their parents name them this way, I wish I could ask them, maybe it has special meaning to them, but I don’t know if I can ask without offending. So im stuck to just blogging to myself and keep on wondering why. Oh well, maybe that’s life now, maybe I’ve been keeping myself inside of the house too much, maybe its time to actually get out of the house already, LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment